To provide an opportunity for the development of athletes, coaches and officials in preparation for higher levels of competition in a multi-sport environment which promotes interest and participation in sport and sporting activities, individual achievement, and community development.
BC Games Society - Vision 2008 – 2014
The BC Games Society is a leader in providing opportunities for the development of sport, communities, and volunteers, and promoting healthy life-styles for British Columbians.
Visions of how we will operate as a Board and Staff partnership:
- Entrepreneurial approaches, mutual accountability, and transparency in all our partnerships are standard methods of operation.
- The economic and social benefits to communities in hosting the Games produces quality bids and experiences from a variety of host communities.
- BC athletes, coaches, and officials in national and international competition will benefit from the experience of a BC Games.
- Public and private sectors value and support the BC Games.
- Host Communities, athletes, coaches, managers, officials, and volunteers remember the BC Games as a best ever multi-sport experience.
- The BC Games are a vehicle for community legacies, trained coaches, new sport clubs, facility improvements, community pride and spirit, and skilled event management volunteers in each host community.
- BC Games Society Board represents an effective, ethical, and responsible model in leadership and governance.
Values that underpin how we interact in our relationships:
- Partnerships and collaboration are the foundation to our working relationships where appreciation and understanding of all partners' perspectives is actively sought.
- We have an organizational climate of mutual trust and support between Board and Staff, where roles and responsibilities are clarified, policies are followed and contributions of the team and individuals are honoured.
- Our dynamic approaches continually redefine and determine the most efficient and effective method of delivering event management services and programs.
- Commitment to social issues affecting all British Columbians around health and wellness, personal and community development, equity, access, and inclusiveness is demonstrated.
- Investment in our human resources is critical to our long-term success and we strive to offer personal/professional development opportunities to Board, Staff, and Volunteers.