The BC Games Society is a Crown Agency and is incorporated under the Societies Act. Responsible to Minister Peter Fassbender, Ministry of Community, Sport, and Cultural Development, the mission statement of the Society is:
|The BC Games Society is the leadership organization that guides the BC Winter and BC Summer Games and prepares Team BC for national multi-sport Games. We build on the expertise and support of partners to create development opportunities for athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, and communities.
Vision, Mission, and Values
Board Composition and Succession
The Board of Directors of the BC Games Society is community based and geographically representative of the province. A maximum of fifteen members are appointed by Ministerial Order. The Board inlcudes a position for a representative from the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development.
The Board of Directors of the BC Games Society:
- Is committed to gender equity in the administration, policies, programs, and activities of the Society.
- Reviews, on an annual basis, overall BC Games Society budgets; policies and rules; financial and operating reports.
- Reviews and approves all BC Games Society contracts, including corporate partner contracts, financial agreements between the Provincial Government and host communities.
- Determines the Core and Optional sport criteria that is used to qualify sports for each BC Summer and BC Winter Games.
- Reviews the Host Community bid application procedure and designs criteria for site selection.
- Reviews incoming bid applications and in cooperation with the President and CEO, recommends to the Minister of Community, Sport and Cultural Development a final site selection.
Taxpayer Accountability Principles
The Board of Directors of the BC Games Society endorse and accept the actions of the Taxpayer Accountability Principles and as such have signed off on this document. A copy of the signatures of the Board is on file at the BC Games Society office. Click here to review the document.
Meetings of the Board
The BC Games Society Board of Directors meets three times per year, generally on the last Thursday of January, May, and October. The Board of Directors receive no remuneration for their Board or Committee work. Review the Board remuneration disclosure or to see meeting attendance records.
Committees of the Board
The Committees of the Board are:
- Marketing and Communications
- Powering Potential Fund
Review Committee membership
and Terms of Reference